Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have just recently encountered a problem with my Lenovo

Customer Question

Hi there
I have just recently encountered a problem with my Lenovo Carbon X1.
Problem: Laptop was prompting to plugin charger due to critical battery level. I plugged i the charger and it shut down the whole system.
I pulled the charger out and reset the laptop, it started up fine, but was only running on the remaining power it had left. I plugged in the charger then same problem reoccurred (complete shut down).
Is it possible to give me some technical advise on the issue please?
Cheers
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your Laptop.

Unplug the ac adapter and then try removing the battery if this model has a detachable battery once you remove the battery and the ac adapter is out, now you press and hold down the power button on the laptop for 45 seconds.

Release the power button after 45 seconds and then you may connect the ac adapter only and then try to power on the laptop let me know how it goes,. Make sure the battery is not installed at this point.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi there Michelle
I've tried what you recommended, unfortunately still nothing (no sign of lights/charging)
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.
Rate only when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

At this moment you do not see any sign of charging however it could be a problem with the charger as well as the computer so we need to identify the correct part which is bad so that we can get it repaired or replaced to make the laptop work again.

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a volt meter?