Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'd like to complete my Acronis hard drive image. I have

Customer Question

I'd like to complete my Acronis hard drive image.I have a 1/2 T drived that's giving errors and have a*****as a replacement BUT I have a 2nd drive in the second SATA slot with partitions (all data) ...Can I just unmount the drives, replace the old 1/2 T drive with a new*****which will be the image in case the 1/2 T drive fails ...OR, how do I install another SATA; can I get a SATA card and add the new*****to that card (I'm guessing SATA is like the old IDE with Primary and Secondary drives limiting me to 2 drives).Please give me a shout if you have any questions.
Category: Computer
Expert:  SladeV replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability.

I'm sorry, to say that I don't fully, understand your logic here. If you have one SATA Port it's good for one drive, IDE allows for two drives on the same cable. You can only add as many drives as there are SATA Port connections.

It's good if you have important data, backed up just in case one should fail. I don't understand what you are refering too by it's generation errors you will need bigger then a*****too hold 1.5 terra files. Any rate, you can proceed either way with mounting the drive long as there is slots too put it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just want to image my old 1/2 T driver to a new*****using Acronis (or other). Already have 2 SATA drives in the PC (can't have more than 2?).
Expert:  SladeV replied 9 months ago.

You need more then a terra worth of space since there is a additional, 500 GB. If the machine also, has the space you can have as many additional, drives as you want