Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I opened my computer this morning and Microsoft had seized

Customer Question

I opened my computer this morning and Microsoft had seized it. I couldn't get on. and now google isn't my page when I hit the explorer button. I have to sign in to get my emails. my toolbar is gone. my favorites list is missing. what can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Just to clarify are you having this issue on Internet explorer also before this when you open internet explorer does it takes to your emails in your gmail account?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there was no problem before today. google was my homepage. I am technically inept.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the whole page when I open my computer has also changed/
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the details.

Do you want me to remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was hacked once or scammed so I am afraid to do that
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK no problem i can understand that i offered remote support because its easy for to check the issue also you do not need to do anything + you can see what all i am doing.

I will give you instructions to fix the issues you are facing on Internet explorer please try to do it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok I will try..
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

First open Internet explorer then press Alt key + V key that will show view options in the top of Internet explorer then click on Toolbars then see if Menu bar is checked if not select it.

See if that opens files,view,favorites etc.

Let me know once you have done that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
okay this is not working for me. I need you to do it. if I have to change all my credit cards again I am going to have a fit.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Do you want me to send you the remote support link to access your PC?

Why do want to change the credit cards?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't want to change my credit cards. the last time I let someone use remote access I was "scammed" and I had to protect myself.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OH OK i can understand that here is a link of our site details so that you can check it out http://ww2.justanswer.com/about-us

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Also there is a additional charge for remote support i believe you can see that on the bottom of the reply box.if you agree to that charge you can click on request for secure remote support and let me know if you have any doubts.

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Did you see the secure remote support details?

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

If you cant find the secure remote support option i can send you the link to do the remote support.Please let me know ?

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Checking to see whether you still need my help.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.