IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My NTI Backup Now EZ software says 90% of my space on my

Customer Question

My NTI Backup Now EZ software says 90% of my space on my "Toshiba Canvio Desktop External Hard Drive" is used up. How do I recover my disc space on the TCDEHD?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

Please confirm if "TCDEHD" refers to your computer or another hard drive?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Toshiba hard drive. See above.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for confirming.

There are probably many files stored on your Toshiba External Hard Drive that are old and not needed any more, so could be deleted in order to free up the disk space. If you wish, I can remotely connect to your computer and review the contents of the Toshiba External Hard Drive to determine which files can be deleted.

Let me know if you would like that.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

In case you want to do it by yourself, then connect the Toshiba External Hard Drive to your computer and access its contents and look for the files and folders you no longer need. Select the files and folders you want to delete and press the Delete button on your keyboard. When done, empty the contents of the Recycle Bin by right-clicking the Recycle Bin icon and selecting Empty Recycle Bin. Confirm when asked.

That should free up the disk space on your Toshiba External Hard Drive.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,