IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, L55D-B5364. When I set it

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, L55D-B5364.When I set it to sleep and after waiting till the power button turns off- I close the lid.When I try to turn the laptop back on, sometimes I can't get it to turn on. The Caps Lock and Num Lock lights are on.It doesn't seem to matter how long I wait for it to turn on, or whether or not I touch the touch pad, or whether I press the power button again or not. I wind up doing a hard re-boot, which I don't think is good for the computer, but I don't know how else to turn it on.Then again at other times, I lift the lid and it turns back on and I can sign in, no problems.Where can I find some literature on the what is going on and how to not have to reboot to get it to turn on????Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

You may need to change some settings in the Control Panel - Power options to solve the problem you are experiencing.

Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your Toshiba Satellite laptop and I will provide the instructions for you. Example:

- Windows XP

- Windows 7

- Windows 8 / 8.1

- Windows 10

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's Windows 10. But Windows 10 is not an option in the pulldown menu.Thanks.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

OK. Here is what to do:

1. Move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner, and right-click it and select Power Options

2. A new window will open. Click on Change plan settings located next to the selected power option plan

3. Now click on Change advanced power settings

4. When a new window opens, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable located at the top

5. Now scroll down and expand the Sleep section by clicking on + next to it, or by double-clicking its name

6. Expand the Allow hybrid sleep and set it to Off

7. Click OK to save the changes and close the window

8. Restart the computer

9. After the restart, put the computer to sleep and check if you can wake it with either a mouse click or by pressing the power button

Let me know if it worked.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry, I have been busy and have not had a chance to try this. I'll try it and let you know.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello again!

Sure, no problem.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello again!

Have you had a change to follow my instructions to see if it will solve the problem?

Let me know,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.