Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a samsung note 10.1 2014 tablet. changed battery now

Customer Question

I have a samsung note 10.1 2014 tablet. changed battery now the unit will not power up battery has about 3.5 volts no voltage at the mother board connector with the battery plugged in
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

connect the charger and then check the voltage output of the charger is it should produce 3.8 volts to 3.11 v.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I connect the charger to the tablet
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes and the tab cover should be opened to check the voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery when disconnected has 3.9 volts when I connect it to the motherboard plug there is only a trace of voltage .2 how can u connect to the tablet if it won't power up
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Please make sure the charger is good and producing proper voltage to charge the samsun note battery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u there or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u there michelle
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, let me know what time you could be online so that i will make sure i am online too. let me know the date and time. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about today about 1.00 pm eastern
Time
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

can we continue right now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

have you checked the voltage after connecting the battery to the phone and then connect the ac adapter and then power on the ac adapter and then check the voltage at the terminal connection point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a tablet not a phone
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry i know that.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

have you tried the steps i gave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No matter what I try the voltage between the red and black pair of wires is almost 0 with the battery unplugged there is continuity at the motherboard plug battery reads 3.9 volts unplugged help
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Do you think the charger is good, do you have another working charger.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the battery is reading 4 volts how come I don't see it when I connect it there is no reading at the mother board pins I have two charged batteries charger is good as I charge my note 4 phone with it
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

use a charged battery install it to the note and the power it on and let me know if it powers on or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not power on should there be voltage present at the mother board connector pins
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

absolutely there has to be voltage flowing on the motherboard if the connector is good and the voltage is not deteected after knowing that the battery is fully charged in that case the board is bad and it need a professional repair technician who will be able to identify the bad component and replace it to make the tab work again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do the two ribbon connectors the lcd connector and the other one affect the voltage at the mother board connector I have to be leaving now we can continue around 12.30 ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

we can continue tomorrow same time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok 1000 tomorrow
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

alright, post me a message and i will be online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi michelle I got delayed can't keep appt will advise ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know what would be the next good time and i will be online accordingly