Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Unable to connect to the internet. Windows 7 64bit fresh

Customer Question

Unable to connect to the internet. Windows 7 64bit fresh windows install. Says not connected although the network cable is connected. Said something about no network connections. Any clues how to proceed? The cable is good as I switched it out with my working computer and the connections are good.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

It probably does not have the network drivers installed.....Do you have the factory disk? Who makes the computer, what model? If no disk, you may need to download the drivers on a flash drive and then install t hem to get online.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a generic computer made by Milwaukee PC.
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

That explains quite abit, We need to do a step be step walk through via phone to see what kind of NIC (Network interface card) you have, and then work on finding drivers.