GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My samsung Galaxy S6 is showing Downloading top left corner

Customer Question

My samsung Galaxy S6 is showing Downloading
top left corner is saying
Factory Mode
Product Name :SM-G9 205
Current binary;Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Reactivation Lock: off
Secure download : Enabled
rp swrev:b:4 k:3 s:3
Help
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. This happens when the device can't successfully boot up to the Home screen. The Factory Mode is automatically enabled if some data or files in the EFS folder are missing or if the partition itself is corrupted. There are also times when the either the firmware or the hardware glitches that the phone will boot up into this state.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

I would recommend either taking it in (if you need to try to recover data from it) or performing a factory reset.

You can try to boot it in safe mode and back up all your data in preparation for a master reset that will bring everything back to factory defaults. Booting in safe mode will also give you an idea if the phone can still boot in other modes.

Safe Mode

• Turn the device off.
  • Press and hold the Power key.
  1. When ‘Samsung Galaxy S6’ appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  2. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  3. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  4. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  5. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

If the phone successfully booted in safe mode, backup all your data, files, pictures, videos, etc. and then turn it off and remove both the SIM card and microSD card.

Master Reset

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
  3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
  4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If these procedures failed, it’s time to contact Samsung.

If this information has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Christopher. I am following up with you to find out where things stand with your Galaxy S6. Were you able to do a master reset by following the instructions that I provided? If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please allow me to continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!