ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.
56108293

Every time I take my computer to Best Buy Geek Squad or

Customer Question

Every time I take my computer to Best Buy Geek Squad for update or repair, they remove System Mechanics. AOL is currently charging $4.95 per month for System Mechanics. How do I re-install System Mechanics.
Do you recommend System Mechanics? I am using Windows 10 and a recent automatic update for Windows 10 upgraded OK. After the Windows update System Mechanics ran and most features for Windows failed to operate. Geek Squad managed to repair Windows 10. I am also using Firefox with AOL.
***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

If you'd like to reinstall System Mechanic, you can do so from the following link:

https://productcentral.aol.com/products/system-mechanic-pc-booster

But if you want my honest opinion, then in answer to your second question, no I would not recommend System Mechanic. The truth is that, among tech professionals, these "optimizer" programs like System Mechanic are not taken seriously. There are several of them on the market and, while they typically will not HURT the computer, they don't really do much to help it either. Furthermore, on certain machines, they can even slow the computer down by taking up PC resources that should be going to other processes.

Of course it's up to you. If you feel like it has been helpful in the past, then you can certainly reinstall it from the link provided. But at $4.99/mo I would personally just save the money.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to help you. And before leaving this page, please remember to use the rating box at the top to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.