Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10. i have

Customer Question

i recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10. i have two pc's. the one i am using now is my laptop and my e-mail for this laptop is***@******.***. My desktop e-mail is***@******.*** and is the one i am having trouble with. Somehow (and the good lord only knows why) my desktop is using my laptop e-mail. The desktop will not accept my password ***** either computer and is telling me to change change my user id and password. how the hell can i do that when i can't get online without a user id or password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would like you to do this for me, but i don't know how you can because i am now on my laptop. should i go upstairs to the desktop that has the problem.

We can do that. I will give you the instructions. After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you sure know how to nickel and dime me to death. if i am not satisfied with the results i do not have tp pay right

Let's forget about that extra charge. I am not here to nickel and dime anyone. I am here to work and solve your problem.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 40 and click the circle button to start the remote application.

\

It turns out that the problem is not with email. You remoted me into the wrong computer and had me setup the account there. It turns out that you cannot log into the computer, the other computer, because you don't have the password ***** that log in account.

You need to reset the Microsoft Account password ***** the email address that appears on the problem computer.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your password:
- Click the following link: http://account.live.com/password/reset
- Fill out all of the requested information
- Once all of that is complete, you will be given the option to reset your password.