Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Yahoo has jacked my search engines on my Windows 7 computer.

Customer Question

Yahoo has hijacked my search engines on my Windows 7 computer. Regardless of the search engine I make default, Yahoo comes up. I can find no program for this action in the computer, and my security suite shows no malware. I want to get Yahoo off my computer! Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Bill

To confirm, this is happening within Google Chrome correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All search engines, but I am primarily concerned with Google Chrome, which stopped working. When I downloaded it again and went to activate, the Yahoo browser comes up instead.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thanks

In Chrome, you said you reset the defaults, exactly how did you do this?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this $39 above the original $40? I had a real problem once with allowing a company to get control of my computer and am real leery of another similar issue.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

It is in addition, and it is optional as I then sign onto your computer and fix this directly for you. You control everything and see everything and I personally guarantee I am only interested in fixing the problem. If this was not the case I would not have lasted on this site for 6 years (this site is here for 13 years with a triple A rating from the BBB

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried to accept the offer, but got ascreen that said that my payment info had expired and I needed to go back to the payment page and reenter the info. I can't find anything to click on for the payment page.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok as being an engineer I cannot see anything with payments but can you call customer service on 1-***-***-****

They can work you through getting this done.

I will be here ready to fix this for you when they do

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have gone back 3 times to My Account and updated my payment info and it keeps getting rejected when I click on the Accept Offer icon. This is almost as maddening as Yahoo.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

its likely your credit card is being blocked or your credit card company, can you check with them please. I can promise this is rare as normally I would be on your computer by now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry to have eaten up your time, but I don't have time to be calling American Express now. They must have some reason for blocking this and I will find out what it is and then return. This has not been a satisfactory session as far as I am concerned.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, sorry but I have no control over why your credit card would be blocked... I can only say in the meantime I have had a few customers that had no issues so I know our system is working... and can only advise you to call

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I used another card, VISA, and it still won't process.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, but I wanted you to call them as they look to be blocking it.