Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Is there a way to clear a retained charge on the system

Customer Question

Is there a way to clear a retained charge on the system board of a Lenovo Flex 2-15? Unit was put to sleep, but will not restart?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what you have tried Alexandra, so we do not repeat this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the magic tricks I have come across; ie. press power key 15 times at 1 sec intervals then press power, etc. So far nothing has worked. Key here is the battery is sealed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the actual procedure is to remove the power cable from the unit and then hold the power button in for 60 seconds. It completes the circuit, draining residue power.

Then connect the power cable and try to turn it on.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change. Unit still does not boot.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

remove the power cable and try to start it just on battery, does it the start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no change.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, hold the power button in and with it held in, then connect the cable, disconnect and repeat 5 times, keeping it connected for 5 seconds each time.

Any reaction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With cord removed...held power button in -- inserted cord 5 times for 5 seconds each - left cord in pressed power - did not boot
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. Its processing no power at all and will be the voltage regulator that transfers the power from battery to board.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you