Jared Schwager
Jared Schwager,
Experience:  Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician at Sutherland Global Servicces
93019336

I have an Android Turbo running your latest revision to the

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Android Turbo running your latest revision to the Android operating system Since the last update, I have been plagued with innocuous, inappropriate, intrusive, disruptive pop-ups. I am experiencing a living nightmare with these pop-ups which mostly emanate from the google play store as though it has access to my phone and include but are not limited to: ***** ***** ultra (or whatever) game, uber, slot-machine games, other games, and advertisers. These pop-ups had not been present with the previous revision. It would be a shame to have google embed a surreptitious, destructive and unnecessary sub-app and ambush customers. I have gone so far as uninstalling google chrome with the only recourse to bring me back to default and then reloading the phone OSand all the apps I have. Please help. Dr. Don Shearer, Jr., PHD
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jared Schwager replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I believe I can help you with this situation. Have you tried doing a factory reset of Android? If not, this can be done by going through the process in the following video: http://youtu.be/r1uoR22LnzQ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I really hate to kill my phone and repopulate my apps, etc

Not a problem, Don. If you'd like you can try scanning your phone with an antivirus app such as Avast which can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity

If antivirus is unable to resolve the issue however you may need to resort to the factory reset. Most Android phones automatically back up your apps to the cloud so you can easily restore everything once the reset is done.

Have you been successful in installing an antivirus on your device? I'd be more than happy to continue troubleshooting this with you.

Haven't heard from you in the past couple days. Has everything been resolved with your Droid Turbo?