Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have a gateway model MD2614u what do I need to do to

Customer Question

I have a gateway model MD2614u what do I need to do to update it so that it can use window 10 from window vista
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. You would have to purchase Windows 7 disk / license and install it first before you can upgrade to Windows 10.

We can find some alternate solution. Is there any feature you need in Windows 10?

Is there any specific program you need?

Do you need help speeding up your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is not what I told by another computer tech. they answer was a lot better

I'm sorry. What did the other computer tech say? Microsoft clearly states that you need Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 version first. Here is the reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications#sysreqs

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I will let them fix . I am finish chat. because for you to do anything I will need to pay and it will be more than a new computer

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. It is way less than getting a new computer. There is no additional cost at all. And our support service is cheaper than your local tech.

Is there any feature you need in Windows 10?

Is there any specific program you need?

Please let me know; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

Actually, Microsoft does sell Windows 10 for $119.99.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-10-Home/productID.319937100

, but considering your computer model; it's old; it's not worth it; it may slow down.

I can help with any computer issue you have ; I can speed up your computer.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

The bot***** *****ne is I would not suggest attempting to upgrade a computer this old to windows 10. It will not operate any better with windows 10 then it is right now. If you are having many issues your best bet would be to just reinstall windows vista to get it running smooth again.

Honestly though if you really want a windows 10 computer you should save your money and purchase a new one. In the long run it is not worth it to put money into a computer as old as yours and since you can get a brand new windows 10 computer for fairly cheap that would be your best move.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars to finish, 3 or more is very appreciated and is how we get credit here for our time spent discussing with you, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thanks,

Chris