Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My name is ***** *****, and the cursor on my HP Elitebook

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, and the cursor on my HP Elitebook 840 is stuck. I did a hard reset and no luck.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was working in Excel and Word and the cursor just stopped moving. I pressed the off button for a hard reset and logged on again. It's still stuck. There is a yellow light on in the upper left corner of the tracking pad. I do not use a mouse.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I plugged in a touchpad and the cursor now works. This will suffice for tonight so I can finish my work, and then I'll take the laptop to our tech support team in the morning. Thanks anyway for your help.
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know if you still need help?