Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I just bought a fire hd8 and I am having problems

Customer Question

I just bought a fire hd8 and I am having problems registering the device
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when registering the device?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
wireless network error, ni know that that is not the case

Please press and hold the power on/ off button on the kindle fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then does it ask you to connect to Wi-Fi / wireless? If yes, please let me know what happens. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
still waiting on it, it says.................Fire is starting-please wait
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
does it take this long

It should not take that long. Please charge the kindle fire, and while charging it, press and hold the power on / off button for about 45 seconds this time, then turn it back on and check. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is on now. I just swiped to unlock nit

Great. After swiping to unlock, continue the setup. Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
whatwhat do u mean by continue set-up

If it asks you to connect to Wi-Fi / wireless and / or to register the kindle, then continue. Otherwise, is it working? See if you can browse books or use the internet on the kindle. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it says unable to connect to amazon, verify Wi-Fi status and device date and time

Please go to menu / settings, then Wireless / Wi-Fi option, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name, then let me know what happens. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
under w-fi netwirks it is connectedunder Wi-Fi-it says need help connecting to wi-fi

Tap on your wireless network name, then tap on the Forget option, then tap on your wireless network name again, and connect, then let me know what happens. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
same as beforeWi-Fineed help connectingWi-Fi networksconnected

In Wi-Fi Networks, do you see your wifi / wireless network name?

What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Comcast
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
xfinity

There should be a model at the back / bottom of your Comcast xfinity modem / router device, and there should also have a wireless network name (SSID) and password ***** the back / bottom of your modem.

- Can you please forget the wireless network name on the Kindle again

, then disconnect the power cord from the comcast xfinity modem / router device for a couple of minutes, then re-connect

, then wait a bit, then on the kindle, tap on your wireless network name and connect. Does it ask for your wi-fi / wireless password ***** not?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am going to take bit back to BEST BUY. I just bought it today. I aM FRUSTRATED

I'm really sorry; you may have gotten a bad one, but if you'd like to, I can continue to do some more troubleshooting with you now. Did you see my last suggestion? Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I HAVE TO GO. I AM SORRY AND totally upset

I'm sorry, I'm an independent electronics and computer support tech. If you'd like to, I can keep this issue open, so when you are available later or tomorrow or any time, we can continue troubleshooting this kindle or if there is trouble with a replacement, I can help also. Thank you.