Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

My yahoo suddenly didn't recognize my laptop minutes after I

Customer Question

My yahoo suddenly didn't recognize my laptop minutes after I used it I believe my ex has hacked my computer somehow do you have any specialty with this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The last time this happened a few months back I checked that recent activity in my yahoo account and it said it was signed in from Virginia. I have never been to Virginia but my ex was traveling there at the time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Are you able to login to your Yahoo account, at present ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but have to do the verification code every time now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yahoo was able to connect to my computer and see that ip addresses (many all cities he had visited for work) but I can't see it on my side. I need to get official information I could only get a snap shot of the ip addresses and wouldn't count as legal evidence.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the two way verification have been enabled in your account. Please follow the steps below to turn that off and let me know then, I will tell you what else you can do to stop this annoying things.

If you wish then, I can directly connect with your PC and help you to do this.

1. Sign in to your Account info page.
  2. Click Account security.
  3. If it isn't enabled, select Two-step verification.
  4. Enter your mobile number if there isn't one associated with your account.
  5. Click Send SMS or Call me depending on your preference.
  6. You'll receive a call or text with a code to enter in the verification code field.
  7. Once you've entered the code, click Verify.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have done all that for a long time they are txting me the code but when I go to a different site and then go to yahoo again it makes me do it all over again
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Do you have entered the verification code to disable to two way verification, because just receiving the code while disabling it will not help.