Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Immediately after doing an Avast anti-virus upgrade on my

Customer Question

Immediately after doing an Avast anti-virus upgrade on my Lenovo computer using Windows Vista, my computer failed when I clicked on my User picture. The screen went black. A small message appeared in the lower right corner of the screen; "Windows VISTA (TM) Build 6002, This copy of Windows is not Genuine.
I have been unable to do anything except control-alt-delete to restart, then go into SAFE MODE. Everything appears to be there, but I do not know what to do in Safe Mode to fix the problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma'am just to clarify when did this problem started and other than booting to safe mode did you reboot to normal mode to see if this problem got fixed because rebooting system can fix this issue.

Please let me know the full make and model of the PC also do you have the serial key to re-activate windows vista?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am checking to see whether you still need my help.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

What I would like you to try is a system restore to roll the system back to before the problem first started as it seems you have a corrupt user profile.

First boot into safe mode, once in safe mode do the following:

Open System Restore by clicking the Start button and browse to
All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point that is before when the problem started. If you only see one restore point make sure you choose to show more restore points on the bottom left of the box.

After system restore runs see if you can log in as normal.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thanks,

Chris