Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years ExperienceCCNA Network EngineerA+ Net+ Linux & Windows OSC++ Programming
74139101

What is this error mean" :(

Customer Question

What is this error mean " :( REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION(BHDrvx64.sys)"
And this error " :( ATTEMPT_TO_EXECUTE_OF_MEMORY..............? "
This kept coming up on my computer when I go online.
Now another " :( " error message has come up on my wife's computer when she is online and she is having difficulty opening web pages online.
Also the wifi connection is intermittent , There is a wireless wifi card in her computer that connects to the router next to my computer.
I have also noticed problems with streaming
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

When did the problem start? Is the computer usable?

May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The first problem started about 2 weeks ago with my computer, the problem started last night on my wife's computer and again today on her computer, The connection problems have been occurring for the past two months with most of our wireless devices.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The computers are off right now . I am using my IPad at the moment.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

I need you to contact me from the computer with the problem so I can help you directly from there, is that something you can do?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok give me a moment and I will start with my wife's computer where the most recent problem occurred.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

The problem occurs after Windows runs an update which causes conflict with software on your computer, in your case BHDrvx64.sys means it's a conflict with Norton so removing Norton completely with the Norton removal tool should help.

It can be downloaded here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/get/norton_removal_tool,1.html

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is this? Get/norton_removal_tool,1html?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not want to remove Norton anti virus tool
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

It's the software we will be running on your computer to remove Norton completely.

You will have to in order to fix the problem, it's caused by Norton

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

We can reinstall it later

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Can you contact me on this question page from the computer so we can work on the problem directly from there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Give me a moment please.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Sure

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you think the problem is caused by the Norton program? How is that
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Because the file you wrote above is a Norton file - and it is a common problem with Norton.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh I see I have this window open in the MajorGeek .com, Windows 10 PC Repair is asking start download
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Yes, download the Norton removal file and run it - the steps are simple to follow

If you need I can connect to your computer remotely but you need to connect to this question site from your computer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have started the download
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Restarting
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I'm back in and Norton page has com up for a reinstalling the Norton program
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Is Norton fully uninstalled now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I haven't done anything I was waiting to see if that is what I am supposed to do
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is this going to have to be done on my other computer Where the problem had first occurred?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok Norton is fully uninstalled and the Norton web page has com up for a reinstall
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Well if you have Norton as well and the blue screen error mentions the same file BHDrvx64.sys then yes

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

The file name indicated in the blue screens usually gives you a good indication of where the problem originates

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was on my other computer is were I in countered this error file BHDrvx64.sys, not on this computer.
This computer had a different message, I didn't get what it said , My wife was on the computer at the time and when I got there to see what It said It went off the screen
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now on this computer I have removed the Norton file, Do I reinstall it or not?
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

I'll need to connect to the computer to check the logs and tell you if the same problem occurs on both computers, I can't check your system via chat, I can only guide you in a limited manner

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

You need to check the Event Logs and filter by Critical messages under System to be able to see the BSOD error - that's not something I can instruct you to do unless you already have a good idea of how to do it

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Reinstall it for now, run the tool on the other computer that gave the BHDrvx64.sys error and see if it makes a difference, if it does you know Norton's causing a conflict with Windows

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok on which computer do you want to start, I am currently on my wife's computer where there was an reorder message today , and the recurring web connection problems occurr
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

On the one you're on now - but as I mentioned you have to go to the question site from the computer:

www.justanswer.com

Login with your email and password, click My Questions on the top right and send me a reply here from the computer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I have it on screen
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

When you're on this question page, send me a reply from the computer and go off it from the iPad

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where do I write th question?
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

You don't need to write the question again, you need to log into your account with your email, if you don't know your password, have a new one sent to your email with the password ***** option.

Once you're logged in, click on My Questions on the top right

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I've clicked on MY QUESTION
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Do you see your question listed there?

Click on it and it should bring you to this page where you can send me a reply from the computer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok I got it
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

I'll send you the remote instructions now so we can begin

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Click the orange Accept button, then From your computer click the following link:

https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=de2a9d36-f0a3-4e3d-acd0-07799e7420fb

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is This ANOTHER $47 I have already paid on my paypal $47 to JustAnswer
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

The total price for the remote support session is the above listed price, which is also refundable. It's the price for fixing one computer as the policy indicates but I'll fix both of them for you for this price.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's $94 in all, that's a bit steep isn"t it
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

I only receive a portion of what you pay and only if the problem is resolved but $94 is not steep for the amount of time it takes to acquire the knowledge an engineer like me has to know to become qualified (5 years studying full time).

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Many companies charge a lot more with much less qualified technicians that experiment on your computer and fix it through trial and error, I've done this hundreds of times and will only modify what is necessary on your computer to get the problem solved

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
well I guess I'm just out of it I can't pay that much for this, I guess I'll just have to leave it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the time you spent But I can't do anymore
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Well I've solved the problem for you on one computer and I've given you the information for you to fix it on the other, it feels a little unfair on my end to leave unpaid for the effort I put in for almost 2 hours

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you would like me to have my time recognized for the service I've provided so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above as it would be greatly appreciated.

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,