GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My kindle is displaying a message "windows-error-found call

Customer Question

my kindle is displaying a message "windows-error-found call 1(###) ###-#### ***** ***** legit? I call the number and I get a recording, "the person you have called is not available, leave a message". hbthat sounds phony.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma'am are you getting this message on your Kindle ?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. This is NOT a legitimitate message. Your Kindle does not run the Windows Operating System. It uses a customized version of the Android OS.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

If you are having a problem with the message appearing frequently, please try the following steps, to clear your Kindle's Cookies, Browsing History and Cache.

How to clear Cookies, Browsing History and Cache on Kindle

Clear your Cookies on your Amazon Kindle Fire

1. Go to the Menu
  2. Choose Settings
  3. Scroll down to and tap on Clear All Cookie Data

Clear your browsing history on your Amazon Kindle

The steps are very similar to clearing your cookies:

1. Go to the Menu
  2. Choose Settings
  3. Clear history should be the first option there (if it isn't scroll down until you see it). Tap on it!

Clear your browsing cache on your Amazon Kindle

1. Go to the Menu
  2. Choose Settings
  3. Clear cache will be one of the options near the top of the list. Tap on it!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!