Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have connected my HP J6413 printer to my laptop, so that I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have connected my HP J6413 printer to my laptop, so that I could scan a document, but HP SOlution Center shows the printer is disconnected. I can print wirelessly
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have connected my HP J6413 printer to my laptop, so that I could scan a document, but HP SOlution Center shows the printer is disconnected. I can print wirelessly with no problems. How can I get HP Solution center to read the direct USB connection to my laptop
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Computer Technician now?
Customer: Yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to scan via wireless connection?

Was scanning working fine previously or not?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,