Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I may have trojan viruses on my computer. How do I find

Customer Question

I may have trojan viruses on my computer. How do I find them. I have a Toshiba with windows 10.
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I think I was scammed this morning. I want to ensure no trojan viruses were loaded. How or where do I find them. I do have Norton and ran a scan.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Computer Technician now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

When you ran norton did it find anything?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Norton likely would have found a trojan if there was one. If you want to be extra sure I would suggest you run this free tool that can find things that norton will sometimes miss.

Download the following program https://www.malwarebytes.org/trial/ (you do not need to buy it, just install and run a full scan. If it finds anything have it remove it for you. This is the trial version but works just as good as the paid version so no need to buy anything.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thanks,

Chris