Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Something got deleted by accident, so I had to use my

Customer Question

Something got deleted by accident, so I had to use my restoration disk. Now I can't look at videos or use anything that calls for Adobe, I no longer have the McAfee that I paid for, and I no longer have something to write a letter on. Before that dreadful day I had "The works" I believe it was Windows Work program. I thought it was all on the restoration disk??? What can I do ? How can I get these things back. It was a hard thing losing all my documents, (you know taxes and stuff) but to never to be able to write a letter on any thing but e-mail is a bad thing.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there Donna and welcome

The restoration disk only gives you windows back, you still need to install the programs your missing.

First for writing letters, so you had Microsoft Works, this will have come on a disk that you used to installed it when you purchased it.

Do you still know where this disk is Donna?

Please let me know