Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm trying to add my TDS email account to the Gmail account,

Customer Question

I'm trying to add my TDS email account to the Gmail account, this is the latest message:
Contact your server at DANGEROUS URL REMOVED/mail/accounts/answer78754(Failure).
New hard drive, new Windows 10, OLD woman trying to "fix it!"
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Betty.

So to confirm, you want all mail that comes to your TDS account to go to your Gmail account?

Is this correct?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for responding Richard. I'd like to use Remote, but all these charges don't fit within my income level. My son in TN manages my computer, pays for it, etc.- very knowledgeable, but frightfully busy with his publishing house. I actually didn't realize this was the type of service it is and I'm thinking I'd just better stop everything at this point and wait on him to help me. I appreciate your interest, good luck with the next "old woman."
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok Betty... though as I said it is optional else we can continue via messaging.

That is no issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am so stressed out at this point Richard, I just want to throw the whole thing in the trash can! I need a breather to get calmed down so I can think more clearly. (This happens when you're pushing 78)! Let's just drop it all for today - again, thanks!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok Betty