Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Picassa freezing with windows 7. only use jpg files
,

Customer Question

picassa freezing with windows 7. only use jpg files
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My picassa freezes constantly...i use windows 7 and my entire photo library is only 2 GB, which is NOT hundreds of thousands of pics! and the computer has about 6GBevery time i open Picassa it duplicates old screen shots which I have previously deleted??? it freezes even when i try to scroll up or down the page?I dont know if this is normal but Picassa has 6 X Picassa3Temp folders??? I'm too scared to delete any of them just in case i stuff up all my photos completely :((( I cant edit anything without it freezing. i only import from my camera and I the only time i do anything in windows directly is when picassa is screwing up and that case i'm forced to!!!I did find out that the google update did stuff up picassa, so i deleted google pics. this temporarily improved things, but picassa is back to its annoying worst again :((( I don't know what to do cos it didn't used to be this way and to the best of my knowledge i've not changed the way i've been using it or added programs that would conflict with it???At the moment I'm having to email any pics i want to edit to my iphone, using the gmail app to download them to my iphone and edit them on my phone; then i email them back thru the gmail app again to my laptop..there has to be some way of fixing picassa?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the issue started sometime last year...I cant remember when exactly and i didn't take specific notice cos it wasn't too annoying initially.
what's a remote support session?
and how did the quote of $34 turn into a $5 deposit to be followed by $45 if the problem gets fixed please?

I can reduce the remote support free for you. With remote support; I would connect remotely to your computer, and fix the issue directly for you. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry , no, I dont know u to give u remote access to my computer.
r u telling me the only way u can help me is by me giving u access to my computer?

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you as this issue is complicated.

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what will the total cost be please?
i'm asking cos when I initially clicked on the link it said $34 if the problem gets fixed.
then u sen me a link that says its $5 deposit, then $45 if i'm happy with the result?
now u r saying $13 with remote access?
so what is the cost please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where are u located please?

I'm located in the USA. I'm the computer tech, so I'll have our customer service check on the billing issue with you later, so let's just keep only the original cost. We will make sure you will be satisfied at the end. Can I connect remotely to your computer and fix now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
which original cost the $34 or the $13 u originally said...cos i like the $13 better. and sorting out billing later doesn't work cos ur company's got my card details right and i dont feel as tho i've got any control over what I'll be charged???

The original cost should be about $34, I think our customer service has mentioned that to you earlier right?

I don't have control over payment as I'm the computer tech, but I'll have our customer service contact you about the billing later; we will make sure you will be satisfied at the end okay? Now, can I connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue now?

Our customer service has emailed you. If you still have any billing concern, please reply back to our customer service. Please let me know when you are ready, so I can fix your Picasa program issue. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.