Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have as Asus zen book 303LA all of a sudden, when I turned

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm Julie and I have as Asus zen book 303LA all of a sudden, when I turned it on this morning, it says no wifi networks found. I've done the usual restart the computer and restart the router but neither has worked. The network connection is obviously sound because my iPad and phone both connect. I have also checked the keys and the flight mode key is not lit up. I'm out of ideas. Oh, I also went into network settings to try and disconnect and reconnect. I'm running Windows 10
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know when you would be online i will walk you through with steps to get the wifi working

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm here now
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Are you connected to the router and chatting with me using the same router internet connection?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

using another computer or a smartphone to communicate with me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
an iPad
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

do you have a lan cable and connect the Zenbook to the router and get access to the internet and then i can remote connect and fix the problem via Secure remote service.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is a lan cable the same as an Ethernet cable?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

absolutely correct its the same cable.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry for wasting your time but after trying to restart again while waiting for your answer, I got a 'your PC has run into problems' message. It then fixed itself and can now find all of the wifi services around me and is connected to mine.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

reboot your computer 2 times it should auto fix and you are all good to go.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I keep getting e-mails asking me to rate the service but I didn't really get a service! I don't want to give a negative rating as you were polite and helpful up to the point that my computer sorted itself out but I am not happy that, after being told that I would only pay on completing of the service, £26 was taken form my PayPal account before you had even got back to me.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry that you are not happy due to the depost you already made however thats the process and procedure when you post a question you have to deposit the amount for the question posted however it not released till you are satisfied with the answer of an expert you are dealing with. I have not yet finished so i would say your deposit it save and if you are not satisfied you will get a full refund i hope i am able to let you know how the system works.

As you said the zen book is still not connecting to the internet can you let me know if you can connect the zenbook to the wireless router directly so that you have internet access and then i can remove accecc and check the fault and fix it for you then you can run the zenbook on wireles.