Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

Yesterday my computer started making a real loud noise and

Customer Question

Yesterday my computer started making a real loud noise and all of a sudden a notice came on my computer asking if I needed help and had a phone no, the company was BreakLogicLLC and I asked if they were connected with Microsoft and they told me they were, and that my computer needed repair and that I could take it to a Microsoft place or they could fix it for me. So I said yes go ahead and fix it. Well it took over an hour and
then they wanted payment from my checking account, $199.99 and then I started to get very nervous thinking that I might have been scanned . Are you associated with this co>? Their email is***@******.***
If you are not do you know what I should do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

No, they are in no way connected to Microsoft. Microsoft will never contact you in that way. That is scam used to get your money. You will need to have the computer inspected and a virus scan ran on it in order to be safe.

You will need to contact your financial institution to tell them what happened and get the charges reversed. Also get advise from them to protect your account.