Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Many windows I open aren't supported and tell me to update

Customer Question

Many windows I open aren't supported and tell me to update my browser. I do that, but it doesn't fix the problem. How do I set Chrome to be my Aol default browser?
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I want to set Chrome as my Aol browser.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer,My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, do you want to make google chrome your default browser , is that your question please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is my default browser but Aol doesn't seem to use it. How do I change the setting for default browser in Aol?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better? are using AOL software or browser or you want to open your aol mails on chrome browser ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I go to certain websites (most recently LinkedIn I get a message that I need to upgrade my browser. So I re-install Chrome, and go back in Aol to try again,but I get the same message. It seems that Aol isn't using Chrom as its browser. I want to change the Aol settings to force it to use Chrome when browsing.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no, nevermind, this isn't working.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

You can open your chrome browser then access to your linkedin account.

hope this help