Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I hope I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10. it has been a

Customer Question

hello. I hope this is Customer Support.
I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10. For me it has been a disaster. For one thing, I am not really computer literate....just enough to use what I had on 7. With 10 I do not have the E-mail that I had, can't find my contact list, can't find the folders of e-mails I had saved such as Biblical Archaeology, Bible study materials from my United Methodist Church, etc. I enjoyed playing spider solitaire, as did my wife, but it is no longer available. I got help in the form of a guide sheet set of information on returning to Windows 7 and when I followed that I wound up in a chat room with others discussing the same problems I a having, but no directions for leaving 10 to get back to 7. My instructions were to open the start menu, select settings, click on update and security icon and select recovery. The icon has not appeared and recovery has not been offered. I will be 79 years old in May! Do not need the new options for what I use the computer for. I want to go back to the Windows 7 that I had. Can you help? Byron D. Myrick,(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Byron. My name is ***** ***** Thank you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can we do a screen-sharing session and I'll be able to help sort this out directly?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Microsoft give users 30 days to change their mind and roll back Windows 10 to their previous operating system.

The instructions you quoted above are correct and I'm at a loss to explain why they didn't work.

If I was able to connect to your computer and assess the situation it would be very helpful in coming up with

a solution.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Byron. Maybe this article (with pictures) will make things a bit easier.
Please take a look and let me know:

http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-Downgrade-from-Windows-10-Back-to-Windows-7-8.1-01357

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Please take a look and let me know:

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Please take a look and let me know: