Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

Why oh why is intuit turbo tax (Home & Business) so darn

Customer Question

Why oh why is intuit turbo tax (Home & Business) so darn slow? Also, how do I transfer client files from 2014 to 2015?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

Please follow the steps below :

For Windows OS:

1. Open TurboTax Home & Business and choose New Tax Return from the TurboTax File menu.
    • Don't open an existing return by clicking the "Continue" button.
  2. When your 2014 tax file appears on the Good News screen, select it and click Transfer Return.
    • If you don't see last year's tax file, click Browse Files and in the new window select All Files (*.*) from the drop-down in the lower right corner. Then browse to wherever you stored your 2014 return and open it.
    • Still can't locate it? It might be on another computer. You'll need to move it to your current computer.
  3. Wait for the Transfer Complete screen to appear, then click Continue to review the transferred information. You can also review, edit, or delete transferred information later on.

For Mac OS :

1. On your Mac, find last year's tax file and copy it to a removable device such as a thumb or flash drive.
  2. On your Windows computer, copy the tax file from the device to your desktop or My Documents.
  3. Rename the tax file by right-clicking it, choosing Rename, and adding a .tax2014 file name extension to it.
  4. Open TurboTax for Windows and select Start a New Return.
  5. TurboTax will search for 2014 tax return files on your computer and should find it. If not:
    • Click Browse and go to where you saved the file in Step 2.
    • Once located, select the file and click Open.
  6. Wait for TurboTax to finish transferring the information over.

To make your turbo tax software more faster please follow the steps below :

For Windows OS:

Please download Ccleaner, as this will clean temp and cache files and speed up your computer.

Windows : http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Mac : https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner-mac

Note : once you install and run ccleaner please Uncheck History, cookies and saved passwords

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you.

Note :Only rate if you are 100% satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.

Thank you