IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have an android LG G4 and use MS Outlook 2010, using IMAP

Customer Question

I have an android LG G4 and use MS Outlook 2010, using IMAP on both. If I update from outlook my phone will update; however when updating from my phone the outlook will not update. Prior to the LG G4 upgrade (G3) the updating with IMAP worked fine. What could be causing the problem ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

It looks like the cause of the problem is with the phone. First, make sure that your e-mail account on your LG G4 phone was really configured as IMAP. Then, make some changes on the phone, for example, delete one of the e-mails in the Inbox folder. After that, tap on the refresh icon that is used to manually check for new e-mails. That should synchronize the changes with your e-mail account.

Check with Outlook to see if the e-mail you deleted is still there. You can press the F9 key in Outlook to synchronize the changes.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There are only POP and IMAP available on the phone. It is setup correct. Still have same problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Have you tried what I suggested - delete one e-mail in the Inbox folder and tap on the refresh icon, and then check with Outlook?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the Outlook does not update; however, it works in the opposite direction.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Are you using the default Android mail app that came with the phone, or you installed another one?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Using the default app
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Please remove the e-mail account from the phone, and then restart the phone. After the restart, set up the account again and check the results.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

Has there been any changes when you removed and re-added the same e-mail account on your LG G4 phone?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. I have deleted and added the account twice with same results.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

I could be a problem with the mail app. If you have another e-mail account, please add it on your phone and check if it will synchronize correctly when you make changes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have four accounts and they all perform the same ? Is there a preferred mail app that you can recommend ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

In that case, it seems that the default mail app is not working correctly. You can install another mail app and add your e-mail accounts there.

Here are 3 good mail apps. You can find them on Google Play or on these links:

1. TypeApp Mail:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trtf.blue

2. Aqua Mail:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail

3. CloudMagic Email

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudmagic.mail

Hopefully, one of them will work correctly for you.

Regards,