Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My answer won't go thru until I pay again, can't do that,

Customer Question

andy, my answer won't go thru until I pay again, can't do that, i'scam techs. I would love for you too go ahead and service my computer, if you need remote, you have my permission for that also. my answer is yes
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there Kay and welcome

I do not see any other questions from you.

Can you tell me please how you would like assistance?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my computer freezes up anytime it wants, no matter what program I am in. when I start up in the morning, I get a message saying I am not connected to the internet. I have internet explorer. my computer is an hp and I use windows 7
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

thank you Kay

This can be an issue with data corruption on the hard disk, so as the first step I want you to do the following please

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then test and tell me if you still have the problem

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.