Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

A few hours ago you got my corel videostudio program to run.

Customer Question

A few hours ago you got my corel videostudio program to run. It hasnow stopped again possibly because windows has updated again. I hope this is something you can help me with.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am concerned that each time windows updates itself the same thing will happen.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know of a way of stopping these updates.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also have a program called handbrake that has stopped working, all other programs similar are fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It will be best to undo the updates then stop any further updates from occurring

To do this, close all programs.

Click start, type in

system restore

press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to perform a restore, choosing a date before the updates occurred.

Once done it should then be working, so then go to Start, Control Panel, Updates and turn off Automatic windows updates to avoid the update causing the problem.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know how you go please