active1065
active1065, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  several years of experience in programming,website and s/w development
18731947

I have 2 hard drives useing,ubuntu,in the new hard drive

Customer Question

i have 2 hard drives useing,ubuntu,in the new hard drive ican open up google crome in the old one i carnt
Category: Computer
Expert:  active1065 replied 9 months ago.

Which version of ubuntu is installed in the second hard drive. WHat happens when you try to open chrome. ANy error messages?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ubuntu14.o4,, is on boath h,drives i can open crome in the second hard drive but not the first one when be 4 i could. the second one i can open anything, in the first h,drive i click on crome no messages it just does nothing,& y did u charge me $65.00

I am an expert here and have no control over billing. However i know for a fact that you don;t have to pay unless your problem is solved

Now as far as your problem is concerned, i am guessing that a corrupt addon or plugin is causing this. To fix that:

1. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling chrome.

2.You can force Google Chrome to regenerate all configuration and profile files. You should be able to do this with a single command from terminal:

rm ~/.config/google-chrome/*

Keep in mind that this will delete all of your bookmarks and settings. So hopefully you have them synced with your Google account or backup somehow.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Paul

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I backup my bookmarks