Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I t the wrong key. Aol blocked my e-mail account and I can't

Customer Question

I hit the wrong key . Aol blocked my e-mail account and I can't get into it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a lot of subscriptions that I had tried at aol and I wanted aol to stop taking anymore money out of my account that I wanted to cancel all the subscription and ask them please cancel them well they didn't do as I ask they took out two more months and I was livid they put me through a whole lot of changes and so I spoke with them Monday and they said they had cancel my e-mail account and I told them that that wasn't what I wanted and they say I have to get a new e-mail address and all of my e-mails from my user name were loss I am so upset aol was wrong in what they did can you help me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
remember my e-mail address is not my aol e-mail my aol e-mail is what I want back. the e-mail address is one that you can use for right now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the exact message you get when you try to sign into your account now please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
wrong password ***** wrong username what aol wants me to do is forget about my old? e-mail which has alot of my info in it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they were angry with me because they said they could not see where aol was taking money out of my account after my faxing them a copy of my bank statement
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you there??????????????????
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, yes I am here, please give me a minute to type out the message

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you please click on my link below and go through the process to reset your password.

https://i.aol.com/account/password/start

Once done, use this new password ***** sign into your account and tell me if you can now sign in.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WELL RICHARD THE PROBLEM IS I CAN NOT GET INTO MY AOL E-MAIL USING MY USER NAME THEY HAVE BLOCKED ME OUT OF MY USER NAME SO FOR RICHARD I DON'T SE ANYTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO HELP ME BECAUSE WE CAN GO THROUGH THAT PROCESS ALL DAY AND I AM WILL STILL BE BLOCKED OUT OF MY AOL E-MAIL CAN YOU OVERRIDE THE BLOCK THAT AOL HAS PUT ON MY ACCOUNT. IF YOU CAN ASSURE ME YOU CAN DO THAT I WILL PAY THE ADD'L FEE BUT IF YOU CAN'T GET ME INTO MY AOL E-MAIL THEN I DON'T WANT THE........I NEED TO GET INTO MY AOL E-MAIL ACCOUNT RESETTING PASSWORD ***** DO IT USING MY OLD USERNAME WON'T HELP THERE IS A BLOCK CAN YOU UNBLOCK IT.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, first, can you please do the process I gave and tell me if you can reset your password?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
LETS NOT TEXT OK
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

can you please do the process I gave and tell me if you can reset your password?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DID JUST AS YOU ASK AND THE SAME THING HAPPEN IT SYS ...OOPS IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN LOCKED OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT CALL THIS NUMBER AND WE WILL REACTIVE YOUR ACCOUNT I CALLED THE NUMBER AND THIS PERSON TELLS ME THAT I HAVE BEEN BLOCKED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT I CAN GET IN MY E-MAIL USING MY USER NAME. SHE SAID THAT THEE WAS A MISS UNDERSTANDING BUT SHE STILL COULD NOT REACTIVE ME
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WE WILL NEED TO COMMUNICATE THROUGH ONLINE NOT TEXT OK?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you give me the number you called please.

And I am online, I do not know what you mean with text

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET THE NUMBER I WILL NEED TO GO TO MY AOL E-MAIL PAGE OK.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is the 39.00 add'l to the 36.00? a total of 75.00
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Richard please answer my question because I have to get a different credit card will it be 75.00?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

yes, but it is optional.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what did 36.00 dollars do?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Its for this question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
36.00 paids just for the question and the 39.00 will be your calling aol or going into my computer and see what's going on but I don't see how that will help because aol has me blocked out
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

please speak to customer service on***@******.*** on all payment questions.

They can assist you with these types of questions.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the person that I talked with at aol was positive that i could not get my user name back do you think you can override that I just need to know that you can help me
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

For now I would like you to do the instructions I am asking.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what instructions? I did your instruction
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

The number, I am still waiting on the number you called.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you would look at the 10:14 answer it tells you what happens the number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I reviewed out conversation and it was not given, only that you would get it and then you started to ask about pricing.

I feel you may be better suited to another expert.

I am going to opt out of working with you further on this.

You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when another expert takes over your case.

Thanks and all the best.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok still waiting
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
lll
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, as I mentioned, you will be notified when another expert takes over your case. No need to message until you receive this.

Thanks