Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Trying extract a mig transfer file
, mig file type. I

Customer Question

trying extract a mig transfer file
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: mig file type. I want to extract files, not load to new machine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: mmig is from windows xp 32 bit -- will not load to new dell 64 bit windows 7 pro
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Have you tried using a MIG viewer that's compatible with Windows 7?

https://www.visser.com.au/blog/migrecover-for-microsofts-windows-easy-transfer/

It's a command line utility so you have to follow the commands it gives you on the page, if you need more in depth help I can connect to your computer via a secure remote support session.

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,