Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an Asus Zenbook UX301LA (blue) with two 128GB SSDs

Customer Question

I have an Asus Zenbook UX301LA (blue) with two 128GB SSDs with RAID 0. The Windows C: drive is full and I need more room. I bought two 250GB SSDs to upgrade. What is the safest method for upgrading? How can I clone my two 128GB over to the two 250GB SSDs without having to reinstall my OS, apps, and data?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Good question James, and one that makes me think. I need to ask one major question, is this in software of hardware raid? In either case it will be difficult, short of using some enterprise tools, though i'm not sure those would even support Raid 0 since there is zero redundancy on two drives. You can move your raid 0 over to one larger drive with out a problem - Then from this point on it will depend on if you are using software or hardware raid, if you are using software raid, as far as I know you will be stuck, If you have hardware Raid, you should be able to get it going again via the bios and some other tricks, but i'd like to know which you are using. It REALLY is better to do a fresh install when ever you add a new drive, ESPECIALLY with raid as it is not very hard to back up your data and start out fresh with out risking your current data, because that is exactly what you will be doing......be low are some disk cloners, make a note if you use them to get the Master boot record or it will fail.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

http://clonezilla.org/

- Tim