Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

Marylee, my printer say that I must turn on the wireless

Customer Question

Marylee, my printer say that I must turn on the wireless radio on my printer to connect to the wireless. How do I do that
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can not print any thing I send to my printer. It was that it is not connected and that I need to turn ON the wireless radio on my hp printer. I have a HP Officejet 4620 all in one series.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

see below instructions

The wireless radio is on by default, as indicated by the blue light on the front of the printer. In order to stay connected to a wireless network, the radio must stay on. However, if you have a USB connection, the radio is not used. In this case you might want to turn the radio off.

1. Press the (Wireless) button, and then, using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select Wireless Settings.

2. Select Wireless: On/Off, and then select On to turn on the radio, or Off to turn off the radio.

or see page 203 here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03251656

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still doesn't print
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After running test, it states that the network name (SSID) is not set. They tell me to run the Wireless Setup Wizard. Where do I find that????
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

It will be easier to plug the printer in with a USB cable. Then download and install this software.

From here you can set the wireless settings on your PC using the HP software. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL42011/mp-108821-4/OJ4620_1315-1.exe

Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.