Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I need to know how to get my Amazon Fire to stream movies.

Customer Question

I need to know how to get my Amazon Fire to stream movies .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I purchased the Fire stick several months ago primarily to listen and watch the Berlin Philharmonic's "Digital Concert Hall." This works beautifully. The Geek Squad guy that helped me get this going also said I am included as a member of Amazon Prime which includes movies. I cancelled my Netflix (dvd) subscription, but I am having difficulty get the Amazon movies. This could in large part be my being quite unfamiliar with working the Fire Stick controller (other than for the aforementioned BPO). Is there something I need to do on my computer or is this somewhere in the firestick. Ray
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Raymond.

Are you certain that you have an amazon prime subscription? This is a membership based service that you pay about $100 a year for, it is not free or something that you get automatically with the stick.

I just need to confirm you have a valid subscription set up first, then I can guide you through using it (or help you set up an account, if needed).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I received a letter from Amazon which says I am "...an Amazon Prime member sho has not yet sed any of the video benefits that you've already paid for...".
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay, thanks for confirming.

Grab your fire remote, press the HOME button (the little house icon),

then use the navigation buttons (pressing the up/down/left/right sides of the black "ring"), and the center button inside that ring for select/enter,

Arrow down to the 2nd selection on the far left side listing, to PRIME VIDEO, and then right arrow over to move through the offerings of movies/shows there.

Let me know if you get stuck.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.