Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Strange thing happened. Adobe wants to open EVERYTHING, even

Customer Question

Strange thing happened. Adobe wants to open EVERYTHING, even IE,Firefox,Google, most downloads, etc. Cannot find page/folder to execute to change to default settings. What do I do? Where do I access? Thanks, Bill
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry....forgot to mention....Windows XP
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Sounds like some corruption in the OS.

Maybe a worm or malware, possibly virus.

Reccommended solution is a Windows Reinstall.

Maybe you can try scanning with different types of Anti-Malwar/Virus/Worm/Rootkit to maybe clear it up.

Windows XP, has plenty of vulnerabilities to exploit, and it was so popular, it makes perfect sense why they target it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** You blew it Charlie!
First off - To uninstall and REinstall Windows, is rather a lengthy process, so ALL avenues need be addressed prior to a major undertaking. Nine times out of ten, it is something simple that has occurred, regardless of industry or type of equipment, and realizes a simple fix. Your answer was NOT well thought through to start, and ultimately was totally WRONG!
I have been in Technical services for nearly 40 years, and to jump the gun like you did, would cost me my job! terrible performance, just TERRIBLE.
Yes, I did find the issue, and YES I DID make the change to right the situation and performance of my desk top once again - by myself, before you even answered. .... .and NO, I did not perform ANY uninstall or reinstalls of any type.
Thanks so much for your off the wall remedy! HA

okay.