Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I just set up my HP Officejet printer on my wireless network

Customer Question

I just set up my HP Officejet printer on my wireless network and it will only print when I restart my laptop or go to services and restart my printer spooler
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the computer is using windows 7 home and the printer is a Officejet pro 8500 premier. I have a apple airport extreme wireless
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

That has been a problem with officejet printers for about 5 years. It has to do with the router not keeping it awake and forgetting where it is.

It works with some routers it has problems with others.

You can try setting the multi cast rate lower and make sure that it is on.

or turning on the igmp snooping

Or you can try giving the printer a static ip address

But if that does not work or you dont think you should have to mess around with that sort of stuff on a brand new printer i would agree with you. My advice is return it and buy a different printer.

The epson work force is very comparable in terms of speed and quality and price. And it works a lot better and lasts a lot longer.