Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I am experiencing this error. When trying to install a ssl

Customer Question

I am experiencing this error. When trying to install a ssl certificate.
An internal error occurred. This can be either the user profile is not accessible or the private key that you are importing might require a cryptographic service provider that is not installed on your system.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

First things first, what version of windows are we working with.. Windows xp, Vista, Windows 7 , 8, or 10 ?

Also, what software or website is it that the certificate you are trying to import if for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Win X

https://webposprime.epayworldwide.com/secure/Login.aspx

This is the website for my business to process payments

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Question, are you the sit administrator?

If not, where are you getting the certificate from you are trying to add?

And, have you ever been able to successfully connect to this website, and if so.. When was the last time it worked?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

im the owner of a store

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have a a simple 3 pc setup and no real infrastructure. Modem to router to pc's.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

When you say you are the owner of a store.

Do you own the webposprime.epayworldwide.com website itself?

Or, are you just trying to access it as a normal user would?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Access as a normal user.

All of the other pc's are identical to this one and they are fine. This one does not connect.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

I have the same issue on my windows 10 computer

Im assuming that none of the computers you have where this works, have windows 10 installed.

The reason for this is that website you are trying to access uses an older less secure security cipher called rc4.

Its been completely disabled on windows 10 systems. To verify, check with any other windows 10 computer..

That will verify that you cannot access that site until the website admins / engineers update it so it doesnt use or rely on the rc4 cipher.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I most definitely have Windows 10on all of the computers only this one exhibits the behavior all of the rest of them are identical to this one and operating system and programs

Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

i suspect it has to do with your profile and access rights to the folder necessary to install it

this web page has a bunch of information on it and several solutions

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/919074