Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

At 10:00 AM Friday morning I got a notification from

Customer Question

At 10:00 AM Friday morning I got a notification from Microsoft saying that my computer would turn off at 10:57 AM and information would be added to my computer. For 12 hours the screen read shutdown in progress. I sincerely ***** ***** it took 12 hours to load the information. Finally tonight I got out a screw driver and unhooked my battery and it took another 45 minutes to load the information. I ws never told what this information was or what it did to my computer. Is this the way that Microsoft does business?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

Problems with updates are common as drivers sometimes do not work properly with the hardware they are intending on up
dating and they end up locking up your system or take a good while to finish installing.

Sometimes it has more to do with your anti virus not allowing an update to finish installing or the firewall blocking the connection but in short yes, one could say it is the way Microsoft does business although I'm sure they don't intend to.

You can check the event logs for detailed info on what was installed and what failed, you can get there by clicking Start and typing event then clicking on Event Viewer.

Expand the Windows logs and have a look through the Application, Setup and System logs.

If you like I can connect to your computer and have a look with you to see if it's anything serious.

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,