Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I am trying to reach Bremen British Airways Customer

Customer Question

I am trying to reach Bremen British Airways Customer Relations...
I am dialing :
9...to get an outside line, then
011- (US Country Code), then
004 (The country code you are calling), then
***-***-****5 (the number you are calling)
is this correct?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome, Rob, glad it is working for you now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Who is Rob, and no it's not working yet
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry that was a site glitch and that reply was not meant for you, please disregard.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Do not rate, or reply back to me, either will cause further delays. Another tech will reply to you.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this . That does appear to be correct.

Dialing Outside North America (Exit Code: 011 + Country Code)

To dial outside of the North America Numbering Plan, you have to dial an exit code first (011) and then the country code, and then the number. Although figuring out what the real number is ***** be tricky because of something called "trunk codes."

Omit the Trunk Code: If the phone number you wish to call starts with a 0, then omit the 0 as this is a local "trunk" code that is only used within the country. When calling from outside that country, the trunk code is not needed. Note that the trunk code is not always 0.

You would dial the numbers like this:

• 011 + country code + area code (if any) + phone number
  • Note: omit any trunk code listed, which is typically a 0 at the beginning of the number, sometimes indicated like this: (0)

For example, you might see a phone number in the United Kingdom (UK) expressed one of these ways:

• (+44) (0)20 7930 4832
  • +44 20 7930 4832
  • 020 7930 4832

All are the same number and would be dialed:

• 011 44 20 7930 4832

Note the missing trunk code (0) and the addition of the exit code (011) at the beginning.

Breakdown of the Phone Number:

When you see a + at the beginning of a phone number, they are usually indicating that the adjacent numbers are the country code and at the same time reminding you to add whatever exit code you need to dial first, which in our case is 011.

Example: +44 (0)20 7930 4832

• So +44 in the above number indicates that 44 is the country code, and means you would need to dial 011 44 and then the phone number.
  • The (0) indicates the 0 that is required to be dialed within the country, but is to be omitted when calling from outside the country.

May I ask, are you getting an error message of some sort when calling?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

After looking into this further I believe that you may be best served by using the following contact information:

These are US numbers that you can dial and they should be able to connect you to the proper office, or provide detailed instructions for doing so.

Telephone: 1-***-***-****
(pre-travel / reservations)

Telephone: 1-***-***-****
(post-travel queries)

Fax: +1(###) ###-####/u>
(for sending copies of documents or receipts)
Please do not send multiple faxes for the same enquiry, as this can slow down response times.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If I have, please kindly take a moment to rate my service, so I will receive credit for my answer. If you are not satisfied, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, those numbers did not work...I am resorting to e-mail.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to that. I truly do not understand how the U.S numbers did not work. However I will "opt out" in th ehopes that another expert will be able to help you. Have a great day!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

are you calling bremen airlines or british airways in bremen ?

and where are you calling from ?