Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I spoke with a tech on 12/14/2015 about a virus on my

Customer Question

I spoke with a tech on 12/14/2015 about a virus on my computer. The virus came thru Microtech wich was reportedly a scam but I had given them my credit card number. The geekSquad tech told me to call the credit card co and block the charge which I did immediately. Now they want a letter from the Geek Squad stating the above in order to
process my claim.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Microtech is a known scam company. They use bait and switch tactics and outright steal your credit card info. Theyve been all over the scam complain boards for years.

Best Buy isnt going to provide any letter of any sort, I could write something up for you but honestly, that shouldnt be necessary.

Here are two links out of thousands of webpages where people have posted about microtech.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-security/microtech-scam/76b9c1ba-3b4c-46a6-8fd6-f90b13a9f944?auth=1

http://www.scambook.com/company/reports/82489/Microtech

If you have further questions or concerns, Or if there is some way I can assist you please let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.