Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I believe my IP address has been hacked. I am afraid to even

Customer Question

I believe my IP address has been hacked. I am afraid to even turn my computer on. I have Lenovo U530 Touch-59427841. IP address 192.68.1.171. My name is***** I purchased the computer 12/10/14. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

As you may be aware already (since you obviously have behaved rather astutely in this matter): A pop-up message is *not* a reliable authority about anything, on your computer... unless it definitely comes from your security software or your anti-virus software.

(Do you have anti-virus software of a good degree? Windows Defender, nor MalwareBytes, despite their good name in some ways, are neither of them anything like adequate overall.)

I suggest that, to eliminate anything that GoToAssist *might* have put on your computer, that you do a System Restore, back about a week for instance, to get the system back to where it was previous to this event.

System Restore can be done by the following:

Go to

Start - [All] Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

and choose to Restore system to a previous [etc.], then from the calendar-like interface, choose the first restore point *before* the problem started, then do the restoring.

(Warning: it may help to first disconnect from the internet, then also disable - temporarily, i.e. turn Off - your anti-virus utility, since they can often interfere with the Restore operation completing successfully.... before doing a System Restore.)

The computer will grind away for a while, then restart automatically, then grind away some more, and hopefully will come up with a message that the Restore operation was fully successful.

And hopefully that will cure the problem.

(PS: Do not choose to do a System Restore if you have recently installed any Microsoft software of any considerable cost. Its installation may be reversed, and you may lose money that way. Let me know if you think that's the case, and I will advise you further as to what to do.)

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

If you accept my additional service offer for remote support, I will remotely connect to your system and scan the system for malware tools and make your system fully secure.

Regards

Jins