Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Have Kit built window 7 64 bit pro desktop that I have tried

Customer Question

Have Kit built window 7 64 bit pro desktop that I have tried to remove malware without success. I may need remote tech help to clean it up.How much will this cost me?.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Is this slowness happening on the entire system or when you browse web pages?

Which is the anti-virus/anti-malware applications are running on the PC?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
on the entire system
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jon are you still available to assist me?.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for the delay i wasn't online when you replied.

Could you please let me know anti-virus/anti-malware applications are running on the PC?

let me know the time and time zone that you can continue

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sorry I have been too busy at work. I have about three virus protection software on the PC :- Norton security scan,iolo System shield and Malware byte anti-malware on the system.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the details.

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
PC is at home and am still @ work until 7:00 PM today how ever I can try contacting you when I get home then.I know the PC IP address is 192.168.1.6(preferred) Mask 255.255.255.0 and DNS server 82.163.143.172,82.163.142.174.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Which time zone are you in ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Eastern(Laurel Maryland)
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

7PM in your time zone will 5AM over here sorry to say that i wont be online at that time so could you please try the following and see if that makes any changes to the PC.

1.First remove iolo System shield completely from the PC using programs and features in control panel.

2. Press windows key + R key that will open run box in that type inetcpl.cpl and press enter that will open internet properties window now click on delete under browsing history>>>select everything then click delete.Now click on advanced tab >>>click on restore advanced settings thenclick on apply. Now click reset then another window opens in that select the option delete personal settings…. Then click on reset

3. Press Windows key + E key. Now right click on C drive>>>properties>>>disk clean-up>>>select all the options except service pack backup and then click OK then click on delete files to confirm

4.Download Ccleaner free version using this link :- http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Once its installed open Ccleaner>>>click on Run cleaner, once that is done click on Registry on the left of Ccleaner >>>click on scan for issues once scan is done,click on fix selected issue.

5.Open malwarebytes anti-malware and update it then run a full scan and if it finds any threat click on remove threats.Restart the PC if required

6.Please click on this link to download a tool to find and remove adware’s in the PC https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/ download and click on scan, once scan is finish click on clean. Then it will ask you to restart please do so.

7.Please click start>>>all programs>>>Accessories>>>Right click on command prompt and click on run as administrator that will open command prompt window (Black window) in that type sfc /scannow (there is a space between sfc and /scannow there is no space between / and scannow) Then press Enter. That will check the operating system file integrity

8.Click start>>>All programs>>>Accessories>>>System tools>>>Click on disk defragmenter. Now click on C drive (that will highlight C drive) now click on Defragment disk.

Please try the above instructions and let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the instructions.I will try running then tonight and see if they fix my issue.Thanks John!.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

You are welcome.Please let me know the status.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I must definitely will!
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Sir/Ma'am were you able to do the above set of insurrections,if so what is the status now?

Sincerely,