Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Sr System Administrator at General Dynamics
92043526

Received an alert I needed to plug in to recharge. Nothing.

Customer Question

Received an alert I needed to plug in to recharge. Nothing. Checked the power source. Working. Computer still not showing it is charging. Is there something needing to activate the recharging? Had to take computer back to store because of a problem. Could they have turned something off when checking the programs?
lenova edge 2-1580
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. There are two things that could be going on here the first either the power source is not delivering enough power to charge the battery and run the computer both which would mean a malfunctioning power supply or they gave you the wrong one when they gave it back to you or the battery is bad which would mean it would need to be replaced if the power supply itself is the wrong one or is failing or defective.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cancel - the answer received repeats what was included in my quest. You did not answer my question. refund the fee
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 10 months ago.

Janet - Do you need assistance? It looks like what Charles recommended above is correct, it is most likely the battery not holding the charge. What do you mean the question was repeated in the answer?