Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My AOL addressbook has just disappeared. Can I retrieveit?

Customer Question

My name is***** addressbook has just disappeared. Can I retrieveit?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. My account was with Comuserve and AOL took it over. I have been with Compuserve for many years and have a very large address book.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur? I have checked. Part of the AOL email server is down right now; a lot of AOL users are having the same issue. It usually takes about 24 hours for AOL for fixing the issue, so please try again later or tomorrow. There is nothing wrong with your computer, so don't worry. Please try again later or tomorrow, and if there is still any issue tomorrow, please get back to me any time.

Also, you can always check AOL mail server status at the websites below any time:

http://downdetector.com/status/aol

https://twitter.com/aolsupporthelp

Do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

The AOL email server is working now, so you should be able to see your AOL address book now. Please check, and let me know if there is still any error or message.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.