Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I ***** *****' I'm completely lost & I am ignorant about the

Customer Question

i ***** *****' I'm completely lost & I am ignorant about the various Google services(?) . I beleive I have a ICLOUD ACCOUNT, Maybe Google Chrome too? and I would like to install The Google Play Store for an app that would allow me to go wireless to a speaker from my Android Tablet. I do not know what my USER NAMES & PASSWORDS are making it that much more difficult to achieve my goal.Do you think you can help me straighten out this mess? Herb
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I think we should begin with the google account. Please go to https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/ and enter in your gmail address. If you don't know what your gmail address is or you don't have one, then we need to create one.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

To create one we will need to go to https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/. One google email address will provide you with access to all google services including email, google cloud drive, the Google Play Store and more. Do you know how to get to settings on your Android Tablet? If so, you can look there to see if there is already an email address associated with your tablet.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

How to Find the Google Account Linked to Your Android Tablet

With your tablet turned on and unlocked, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Home screen.

The Home screen is the main screen on your tablet. You can always get there by touching the Home icon, found at the bottom of the touchscreen.

2. Touch the Apps icon.

The Apps icon is usually found at the bottom of the Home screen.

When you touch the Apps icon, you view the Apps drawer, which lists all the apps available on your tablet.

3. Choose the Settings icon to start the Settings app.

You may have to swipe the Apps Drawer screen left or right a few times, paging through the various apps, to find the Settings app icon.

After touching the Settings icon, the Settings app runs. It shows commands for configuring and setting tablet options.

4. Choose the Accounts category, or look for the Accounts heading.

On some tablets, you have to touch the General tab atop the Settings app screen to find the Accounts category. Otherwise, scroll down the screen by swiping upward with your finger to locate the Accounts category or heading.

Some tablets may show the category as Accounts and Sync instead of Accounts.

5. Please let me know if you see a gmail account there.